Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bit Four

It's a beautiful day in Atlanta! The sun is shining after a rainy night and I can see the breeze blowing through the trees outside the window. I'm quite content to be inside, however, since weather.com says it's not going to get much warmer than 30 degrees today!

This weekend, some friends came to visit. Alicia, Katie, and Jonathan were in town and it was so nice to hang out with them again. Some of the highlights of the weekend include:
  • Shopping at Perimeter Mall with Alicia
  • Josh speaking Saturday morning
  • A game of croquet Saturday afternoon
  • Superbowl on Sunday night
Both games were pretty entertaining. Of course, I won the croquet game, but it was only because I was the second-to-last one to complete the course. And the Steelers sure seemed to have their work cut out for them as well on Sunday night. There were some amazing plays. Josh's new flat-screen TV made it even more fun to watch! Although, since he would rather not pay for cable, we had no choice but to stream the game online and connect my computer to the TV. This added a new dimension to is since the source we were streaming it from was someone's video blog. It was nice of the guy to be streaming the Superbowl, but we could've done without the audio (and at times visual) commentary!

Aside from the fun and games, I have found myself much more involved in my mission work as well. In two weeks, we will be organizing an AMR Summit at Southern Adventist University. Several of the professors, as well as speakers from elsewhere, will be presenting throughout the week on the topic of building bridges between Christians and Muslims. There are some exciting possibilities ahead! I have been doing what little I can to help out with the planning.


Along with the preparation for the Summit, I have started taking a class at called Perspectives. This will be a 4-month class, meeting once a week for 3 hours, covering the Biblical, historical, cultural, and strategic perspective of missions throughout the world. It turns out that I will have reading assignments and homework as well! And I thought I was done with school!

I should have enough to keep me busy for now since I also plan to shadow Rhoda several times a week as she teaches English to the refugees in Clarkston.

No comments:

Post a Comment