The AMFA newsletter is finally finished! I spent at least 10 hours working on it this week, and I now despise newsletters! Well, not really because it shouldn't be this hard in the future since all the grunt work for the template is done. If anyone is interested in receiving our newsletter and learning more about the team of people I am working with in Atlanta, and what we are doing, please let me know!
I want to take a minute and thank everyone for their prayers. It really means so much to me that I am not alone in what I'm doing and there are people who are lifting me up in prayer. There is a word in Arabic that means "All praises be to God" - "Ahamdulillah" (A-'hom-doo-lee-lah)! We use it quite often in our Signs Study, and I have felt like saying it quite often recently. Please allow me to share some praises with you:
- A Muslim friend of mine has received the support of her parents to spend two months in Cjad, in a refugee camp, with an organization that is trying to resolve the situation of Darfur. Because of her own experience in Darfur, she has an amazing opportunity to help those in the same situation she was once in. Ahamdulillah!
- We have successfully launched a prayer group at the Conyers church with the sole mission to lift up fellow church members in prayer as a way to see God's power unleashed. Ahamdulillah!
- A friend has kicked a smoking habit. Ahamdulillah!
- A friend from our women's study group is miraculously pregnant. Ahamdulillah!
- The refugee sewing society has been busting at the seams (no pun intended) with supply donations as well as women anxious to take sewing, beading, and knitting classes. Ahamdulillah!
- I have received funding that will support me for the next two months. Ahamdulillah!
- There is a woman who is interested in allowing us to be a distributor in Atlanta for her pie business. This gives us the opportunity to start a business in Clarkston as a way to help refugees develop skills in running a business, and to create a source of income for AMFA. Ahamdulillah!

Phew as in (P-hEW) right?
ReplyDelete