"True worship is this, to comfort those who are weak and hopeless so that we may remain uncorrupted by the world."
This past Sunday, a group of youth from Conyers visited the home of a friend who has cancer (Dice Davis). Because of the severity of his cancer, his wife is unable to spend much of her time cleaning the yard and the house because of the attention his illness requires.
The youth were happy to pitch in. We had a group of about 20 people cleaning up the front yard, . . .
weeding the garden, . . .
moving things, . . .
dusting, . . .
sweeping, . . .
polishing, . . .
and fixing the kitchen sink!
To finish the day,
Mrs. Davis prepared a scavenger hunt for all of us.
I noticed as I was driving some of the kids back home that even though we had spent a good 4 hours working, I didn't feel tired! I actually felt really happy! I felt like I wanted to do it again! It's so interesting to reflect on how times of service are actually moments of worship that bring God glory. And it's not only a blessing to God, it's so invigorating for the servant!

Mrs. Davis prepared a scavenger hunt for all of us.
I noticed as I was driving some of the kids back home that even though we had spent a good 4 hours working, I didn't feel tired! I actually felt really happy! I felt like I wanted to do it again! It's so interesting to reflect on how times of service are actually moments of worship that bring God glory. And it's not only a blessing to God, it's so invigorating for the servant!

That is so fun. It's nice to get in and do the dirty work. I'm sure the family really appreciated your help!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great example of living the kind of servant life that Jesus taught. I'm so proud of you and the work you do!
ReplyDelete